Friday, July 26, 2013

JD Nighthawk Reviews 'ABLAZE' (Fireside Series Vol. 1) by Morgana Black


Ablaze is the first installment of Morgana Black's Fireside series,  and it is a quick steamy read at 26 pages.

This book was short , it was sweet, it was....over (and is not suitable for readers under 18 years of age)

So you all can have an idea of what goes down here is a quick synopsis...

"Cheyenne is planning the perfect weekend with her partner to be Collin.  But when the weather turns ugly she finds herself trapped in a cabin with dangerously attractive Luke, one of her father's ranch hands.  When the power goes out Luke and Cheyenne make the decision to keep each other warm, in more ways than one."

Before we get to the review - here's a bit about Morgana Black
Morgana Black is a hair stylist by day and hottie writer by night.  She walks her dogs in high heels and never leaves the house without red lipstick.  She firmly believes in the power of Zen, and does yoga freely in her backyard in her favorite set of pumps.

So....


For a quick read, Ablaze was perfect....for the first 3/4 of the book.  Great characters, and character development, and given the time frame, the story flowed seamlessly and was easy to follow. The characters are all likeable and relatable.


I really enjoyed this story. There are some instances where I questioned the believability of the situation 
(ie: mountain lions and the lack of clothing during a blizzard) but they were easily over looked by the fact that as a whole, this was an enjoyable read.

My only let down was the steam factor. For me, it was lacking. I thought the lead up was perfect but felt slightly ripped off by the actual so called 'erotica'. I felt like the author rushed through the last few pages as if she had lost interest. I think if the sex scene was smokin' hot then this book would have earned itself a higher rating. I wanted more!




For me, Ablaze earns itself 6 horn dogs. If the the author would have given the sex scene the same attention to detail and same enthusiasm given to the first 80% of the book then I think I could have given a much higher rating.

Morgana....I loved your story but please, in the next installment bring the heat girl!  

JD xxx



JD Nighthawk rates Ablaze


 












No comments:

Post a Comment