Monday, August 5, 2013

Shaggy Reviews ~ Sarah J Pepper's 'The Fate Trilogy' (Book 1 & 2)


The Fate Trilogy

by Sarah J Pepper



FORGOTTEN
 (Book 1)


"You can feel my adoration burning on your skin, can't you? It warms you doesn't it? he said, and traced my skin along my arm with a finger. Everywhere he touched, my skin absorbed his fervor." Passion is in our blood, just like humans. The difference lies in how we feel it. Both races feel their own desires, but we can feel each other's. When you lose your breath, my lungs refuse to work. Your sexy little squeal echoes in my ears for hours after, just like your hunger for the sound of my voice. My skin lights on fire when you allow me to touch your smooth, beautiful, porcelain skin" 

I'd never been more terrified in my life. Everything he was saying was true- which was utterly impossible. I was human; he was human-right? We shouldn't be able to feel another person's attraction . Who did he think he was, if not human? A psychopath, that's who!

"If I was obsessed with you Jace,  I would've kissed you by now" I said

Shaggy's Thoughts:

If you do decide to read this please let me know what you thought I am dying to share and unload my feeling.

I am still riding my reading high from this book, yes it was that good. 
Rarely do I find a book without the luscious loin bow chicka wow wow, shut the front door, but with this I did. 
Author Sarah J.  Pepper took me for a ride on a paranormal journey ....and I want to go again. I didn't even need a translator on this paranormal journey (lately every paranormal book I have picked up seems to be in a language I do not fully grasp or have bought into)  I bought into this storyline,  I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. 
I asked myself questions, OUT LOUD!!!! Do you know how many times this has happened? ....ehhhhh not to many!!!!! 
I love Winnie (Gwyenth)....crap bare with me because I don't want to give to much away because that is a huge part of the beauty of this book, Ms. Pepper's ability to keep you guessing.  Well Gwyneth is blind, but man does the girl have chutzpah, she has had a crap life. In pops this crazy, makes me wanna throat punch him, hot and cold man Jace ....oh Jace! He brings out the claws in Winnie,  he is a mysterious, potentially heart crushing man. He pushes and pulls Winnie into this world even when she pushes back he pushes harder (I loved him for that...FYI Jace, if you break my heart I am so throat punching you in your jugular notch...heads up pretty boy).
I don't want to give to much away because like I said before that is the beauty of Forgotten...uncovering every page like it is a gift. I was impressed with Ms. Pepper's ability to make book one of The Fate Trilogy so flippin' awesome!  Typically in a paranormal series the first book is just a bunch of information thrown at you to lay down the foundation,  I didn't feel that once,  all I felt was my blood pressure rise because I am yelling either at Winnie or Jace to get it on, or flippin' kiss!!!!!  ahhhhhhh. 
    




I rate Forgotten 9/10,
well played Ms. Pepper, well played!











TWISTED GAMES
 (Book 2)


"If you swear to put down your weapons, I promise that you'll find a new meaning to life," she spoke these words as if it were the deepest darkest secret she'd ever shared.  "You'll learn what it really means to love another."
I'd fallen for others before, but it certainly hadn't been life altering.
"I wouldn't agree to her proposition, Chronicler," the Cutter said in a singsong manner as she poked the fire with the stick.
Coals tumbled out of the fire pit. The Prophet grabbed the Cutter's stick and scowled at her.  The Cutter rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue.   Not discouraged from playing,  the Cutter held up her fingers beside the fire. The light cast shadows onto the walls. The Cutter giggled with delight when she made a shadow- bunny hop.
"You'll find a new meaning to life, but I must warn you there will come a time you regret feeling an ounce of love," the Prophet said. "It will blind you, making you susceptible to foolish decisions. Your enemies will use it against you."
"Love is foolish,"  I agreed.  But certainly it couldn't have repercussions as devastating as my sister predicted.
"Love makes you blind"  she said.

She had no idea what I saw with my eyes.  As Chronicler, I saw into people's past. Their history predicted untold futures.  As a Fate Sister, I could meddle with anyone's destiny. I laughed, "Fine,  I'll lay down my sword, as it were, if you show me a meaningful life."



Shaggy's Thoughts:
Let the Twisted Games begin....first off Author Sarah J. Pepper owes me a good nights sleep and if CPS comes knocking on my door I am blaming you!!!!!! 
Okay sweet lordy who can Gwyneth trust? (perfect title for this book)  Can I love Jace anymore than I already do?  uhhhh YES!  Oh he has earned a one way ticket to my stable of men...(fist bump it Ms. Pepper).
As The Fate Trilogy continues in book two Twisted Games.  Gwyneth has discovered bits and pieces of her memories and  has regained some of her vision back.  Oh and the sparks are still there, just get it on already...ahhhhhhhhhh.  I felt the chemistry between these two,  oh god Jace!  I still wanted to throat punch him especially when he does dumb crap which is not to often,  but he is a man. 
I love how Gwyneth rolls with the punches she is thrown through out this book and she holds her own.  The Author gives us more pieces to the puzzle of this world Gwyneth has reawakened to. 
I loved it all everything about this series, it is fresh and engaging, I couldn't put it down...then when I was done I did the whole  uh... uhhhhh tilting my head up to the sky like that is going to make anything better... crap now I have to wait...uhuhhhhhh (see I am doing it again!!!!!). 
It had everything one could possible want in a Paranormal book and then some, yes it is a clean book but all I can say is man,  Sarah J. Pepper reminded me why I fell in love with a good Paranormal story.  She took me to a place I have never been to and gave me a book I can share with my teenage daughter. She made me smile like it was nobody's business. 



Yes, I rate Twisted Games a big 10/10  Ms. Pepper
and a big Texas Thank You
















About Sarah J Pepper

I specialize in dark, paranormal romance – think “happy ever after” but with a twisted, dark chocolate center. Real-life romance isn’t only filled with hugs, kisses, bunnies, and rainbows. True-love can be more thoroughly described in times of darkness and tribulation. It’s in those harsh moments where you see what a person is truly capable of – both the good and bad. Sometimes prince-charming isn’t always on time, and the glass slipper is a little snug. However, it doesn’t mean Charming is not Mr. Right, and who says every shoe is the perfect fit?  






Links





Grab your copies of 




No comments:

Post a Comment